Many people might think that roofing statistics are just plain boring; however, what you might not realize is that the roofing industry as a whole provides some fairly interesting data. In fact, you might really be surprised when you read about what’s going on in the industry, so we’re going to share some pretty crazy 2022 roofing stats with you. For example, did you know that the search term “roof repair” reached its top interest point ever in July 2021?
Roofing Industry Injuries and Deaths
Roofers are dying at the fifth-highest rate in the area of work-related construction accidents. At 29.9 deaths per every 1,000 full-time workers, roofers are actually dying at close to twice the average rate of all U.S. construction workers. And, electrocutions account for approximately 11% of all roofing-related deaths. And, depending on the state, worker’s compensation premiums may increase on wages by 80% for roofers.
Salaries, Market Size and Growth
- The roofing industry ranks number 16 among the construction industry market size and, in general, number 196 in all of the industries in the U.S.
- In 2021, there were approximately 108,069 roofing companies in the U.S., which is a 1.6% increase over the previous year.
- A survey of commercial roofers found that 68% of them believe that sales will increase annually.
- In fact, it’s projected that the roofing industry will grow by 4.3% annually until the year 2030.
- Consequently, growth would have been consistent for eight years in a row.
- At $53,297, New York State has the highest median salary for roofing contractors, followed by Rhode Island.
- At the end of October 2021, the average salary in the entire U.S. for roofing contractors was $37,070.
- In addition, the salary range generally falls between $33,463 and $41,519.
- In Reno, NV, roofers’ average salaries are $25.02 per hour.
Located along the border of California and Nevada in the High Eastern Sierra foothills and only 22 miles from picturesque Lake Tahoe, this city has been dubbed “The Biggest Little City in the World.” It’s also well-known for its tourism industry and exciting casinos; however, it’s also not only the county seat but the biggest city in Washoe County. The nightlife really rocks, making Reno a very popular tourist destination.
Contact Us Today
If your home is having any kind of roofing issues that require roof repair or replacement, then reaching out to our professional team to get help could be your best option. Or, even if you just have roofing questions, we can help you get the answers quickly. So, contact us at Joe’s Roofing in Reno, NV, for all of those burning questions involving residential roof repair services in northern Nevada.